Categories

Sunday 6 March 2016

Movie Review: London Has Fallen (2016)


Movie Title:  London Has Fallen
Release Date: 4 March 2016
Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller
Director: Babak Najafi
Stars: Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, Morgan Freeman 
IMDB Rating: 6.5

Storyline:

In London for the Prime Minister's funeral, Mike Banning discovers a plot to assassinate all the attending world leaders.

My Rating: 6.5/10

My Review: No US Presidents in history has been this unluncky!

If I was the President of the Murrica, after the events of this movie, I would resign on my own will. After the success of Olympus Has Fallen, the production company must have thought "Hey, they did 3 Taken movies with Liam Neeson. Why not another Olympus Has Fallen? But this time with more Presidents!"

This film is indeed a repetition of the first movie. I have to admit that the movie has really good action sequences and the dialogue funny at times. But the overall mold of the movie is similar as Olympus has fallen. A president, CHECK. A bodyguard, CHECK. A mole, CHECK. Now that's what I call easy cash in.


The movie is rated 18SG but I don't understand why. It is your basic everyday action movie. I don't know how a few F-bombs and bullet wounds gets it rated 18SG. This is a movie that everyone might just want to skip and hope a third installments never happens! (Yes I'm referring to the resignation letter scene!)


No comments:

Post a Comment